DHI (Direct Hair Implantation-Direct Hair Transplantation) Hair Transplantation method is the placement of individually collected hair follicles in the transplantation area with automatic Choi implanter pens.In DHI Hair Transplantation, the grafts taken with a surgical pen, the thickness of which varies between 0.6 mm and 1 mm, are transferred directly to the scalp after being separated and cleaned. The canal and transplant phase are done at the same time.In normal hair transplantation methods, the procedure is done in two separate times. In DHI Hair Transplantation, it is done with implanters in one go, so it is called direct hair transplantation.DHI Hair Transplant operations performed with special implanter pens require intense attention and effort of an experienced surgeon. In addition, due to the cost of these medical devices used in hair transplantation, DHI hair transplantation is performed at a higher price than other techniques.Transmed Medical Center Medical Director Dr. Melike Külahçı draws attention to the meticulous application required by DHI Hair Transplantation and the high cost of medical devices: “DHI hair transplantation method, which has attracted intense interest recently, is not much different from the FUE technique.”Hair follicles collected one by one in DHI Hair Transplantation are placed in place with automatic implanter devices.By placing the grafts in this way, the roots are planted without delay.
However, this does not have a positive effect on the life cycle of hair follicles.In addition, the cost of implanter devices and the fact that the operation takes more time increase the price of DHI Hair Transplantation.
Application of DHI Hair Transplant Technique
In DHI Hair Transplantation, the hair follicles in the donor area are loosened with the help of a special device and the roots are collected one by one.
Hair follicles to be transplanted in DHI Hair Transplantation are classified separately as they contain a piece of tissue and hair follicles
In DHI Hair Transplantation, the most suitable angle and correct directions are determined for the transplantation of hair follicles
Hair follicles collected in DHI Hair Transplantation are placed one by one into the implanter pen
In DHI Hair Transplantation, implanter pen tips are used in suitable sizes for the patient’s hair follicle and thickness structure
In DHI Hair Transplantation, no incision is made while placing the hair follicles, round slots are created in the skin and grafts are placed ther
After DHI Hair Transplantation is completed, the scalp enters a rapid recovery process.
Differences of DHI Hair Transplant from FUE Technique
In DHI hair transplantation, hair follicles are taken from the nape of the neck, rarely from the beard or chest, with the help of micro motors, as in the FUE hair transplantation technique, and transplanted to the areas where the hair is shed and thinned.
The following differences of DHI Hair Transplantation technique start after this point:
One of the most important differences of DHI Hair Transplantation method is that it allows hair transplantation without shaving the hair. Unshaven hair transplantation is also performed in the FUE method: the hair transplantation area is not shaved, but the area where the hair follicles will be taken is shaved.
DHI Hair Transplantation takes longer than the FUE technique. For example, a 3 thousand graft FUE hair transplant operation can be completed in an average of 6 hours, while with DHI hair transplantation, this process can be completed in 2 days with 6 hours of separation per day.
Since the hair follicles are transplanted within 1-2 minutes after being taken from the donor area in the DHI Hair Transplant operation, it is not possible for the hair follicles to wait outside the body. This minimizes the possibility of damage to the hair follicles.
In areas where the hair is not completely shed in DHI Hair Transplantation, it can be transplanted between the hair more easily.
In DHI Hair Transplantation, more intensive hair transplantation can be done especially in narrow areas.
DHI Hair Transplant Advantages
Thanks to the fine-tipped structure of the implanter pen used, hair transplantation can be performed more frequently.
- Since the waiting period of the follicles is minimized in DHI Hair Transplantation, graft loss is also reduced.
- With the implanter, the angle and direction becomes easier in DHI Hair Transplantation, the angles of the transplanted hair follicles can be determined easily.
- In DHI Hair Transplantation, where holes in the width of the hair follicle are opened with the implanter, the operation is completed with the least damage.
- After DHI Hair Transplant, the scalp undergoes a rapid recovery process.
DHI Hair Transplant Disadvantages
- DHI Hair Transplantation is a hair transplant operation that takes longer than other hair transplant techniques. In DHI hair transplantation, there is a process that requires more patience and attention by both the patient and the surgeon.
- The high cost of the implanter pens used in the DHI Hair Transplantation technique and the longer duration of the operation make DHI Hair Transplantation a more expensive alternative.
- Since the opening of channels in DHI Hair Transplantation is different from classical FUE, it is important that it is applied by an experienced and skilled doctor.
- In DHI Hair Transplantation method, after each root is taken, it is planted without waiting. Therefore, it is difficult and a process to place these roots in the same angle and direction with the roots planted before in the area to be planted. As with the FUE technique, DHI Hair Transplantation has no chanceof success if it is not performed very carefully by a physician with the necessary competencies.